Monday, January 5, 2015

2015...

So I'm back. I'm really back! I'm a smidge excited about getting back on the blogging wagon. I thought the first week of the new year was a great time to start up again. I'm still in the process of redoing my "logo", etc., but I just couldn't wait until it was done to my liking (because it could be months, let's be honest). So, I'm just gonna jump right in...

2015. The year of "Simplicity". For the past couple of years, I've chosen a word for the year. Two years ago it was "Adventurous" and I like to think I did a pretty good job of that. Well, "Adventurous" led to "Stillness," which I did a horrible job at. I think the Year of Stillness was anything but Still. I felt like I was on the go 24/7, doing a lot of things, but feeling like I did none of them really well. It was a great year, but just exhaustingly busy. Towards the beginning of last year, I felt the LORD telling me (as well as people blatantly telling me) that I needed to slow down. Honestly, I was more than happy to oblige. However, being the people pleaser person that I am, I have a hard time saying no. I slowly started taking baby steps in December and seem to be getting better at it.

I'm going through all the clutter and cleaning it out...physically and mentally, and I literally feel lighter. I am realizing just how much "stuff" that I have and that I don't need. I don't need it to function/to live, and I think for so long, I thought I did. It's weird, but there's a big sense of relief. More stuff is just more junk to carry and weigh you down. I'm tired of the junk. More on that in future posts, but for now:

Here's to you, 2015...It's gonna be a good year!





No comments:

Post a Comment