Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Prep and Prime

By the end of the day, a lot of makeup tends to fade or run, leaving us to wonder if we even put any on that morning. There are many ways to get your makeup to last longer throughout the day, but we're going to concentrate on the eyes for now. I have two words for you....EYE. PRIMER. Some people might think this is just one more step to add to your daily beauty routine, but I promise you that it's worth the extra few seconds it takes to apply it.

What is Eye Primer and what does it do?

In short, eye primer is like foundation for your eyelids. It creates a smooth canvas and helps eyeshadow to stay on longer. It also discourages the annoying creases you can get when your eyeshadow has had enough!

It can come in different forms, some being more lotion-y, while others have more of a concealer basis. I have tried both kinds, but I think I prefer the more concealer-like version. Two eye primers I have tried are Mary Kay Eye Primer (more lotion-y) and Clinique Touch Base For Eyes (more like a concealer).

When Do I Apply It?

You will want to apply eye primer to your clean eyelids before you put on any of your eye makeup on. I cover my entire eyelid from brow bone to lash line.

No comments:

Post a Comment